My Progress

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Tuesday, April 20, 2010

A New Day!

I have to admit I was feeling really discouraged over my one pound gain. It didn't prevent me from trying or tempt to give up or anything. I know I am just beginning so it will take some time to figure out how my body loses weight best. I decided to up my intensity level at the gym (I think I mentioned that in the previous post). I ran again this morning for 12 minutes. It was harder today for some reason but I kept with it. I completed a 45 minute workout this morning and went to the gym for a training session and was there for another 45 minutes. It felt good to double up. Plus, the workout with the trainer was great. We decided to increase my weight amount. So, hopefully my workouts will be more effective this week. Either I am getting strong fast or I started out too low on my weight amounts. Probably the latter.

Recently I have learned that there is a HUGE amount of weight loss support in the blogosphere. I have thoroughly enjoyed and been inspired by quite a few blogs. It is great to know that there are people who have traveled this road before me, that are on the same road just further up the path, and are on the exact same spot on the road that I am at.

I read Seth's blog today. He made a list of why he enjoys being healthy. I decided to do the same. I thought it was a great idea because I thought it would do me some good to remind myself why I am doing this. It's been a few weeks but, it never hurts to remind myself. My list items will include

Here is my list:
1. Full of energy
2. Feel better
3. Higher self-confidence
4. Stress relief
5. Look better
6. Pleasing to the Lord
7. More attractive to my husband
8. Teach my daughter to be healthy by example
9. Encourage others anyway I can
10. See myself as beautiful inside and out

So there is my list and honestly, it was hard to find 10. I really had to dig deep within myself.

3 comments:

  1. I'm glad that you made a list. it is important to know why you are doing it and to enjoy what you are doing. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep those reasons nearby at all times. It is so worth making those healthy changes, even when the scale doesn't show it. It helps to take measurements, too. Sometimes you lose inches when the scale doesn't budge or goes the opposite direction.

    I would add one other reason - shopping for smaller clothes can be SO much fun. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Remember that list at all times!! All of those things are worth it and even when you gain a pound or slip up they are STILL worth it. Keep going... :)

    ReplyDelete